Chattanooga, Tennessee | Franklin, Tennessee | Knoxville, Tennessee
Volkert, Inc. is seeking candidates for a Bridge Engineer in our Franklin, Knoxville, or Chattanooga office. Must be dependable with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team to meet deadlines and provide high quality work.
- Perform the routine aspects of assignments requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles.
- Projects may include highway or rail bridges, retaining walls, box culverts, and sign structures. Analyze structures using various structural engineering software programs such as SAP 2000, LARSA, RISA, MDX, MathCAD, LEAP, LPile, FB-Multipier, AASHTOWare, and/or Microstation.
- Prepare or check structural calculations and details of structural elements for various materials, predominantly steel and concrete.
- Review drawings and documents and prepare technical clarifications.
- Guide designers/drafters to prepare structural designs and/or drawings.
- Coordinate with other disciplines such as roadway, drainage, and perform checks of documents for conformance to structural drawings.
- Must be dependable with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team to meet deadlines and provide high-quality work.
- S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited engineering program.
- 4+ years of engineering experience in bridge design.
- Recent experience in steel and/or concrete bridge design using AASHTO LRFD standards.
- Licensed PE or ability to obtain within six months.
- Familiarity with bridge analysis software, Micro Station or AutoCAD and other bridge analysis software.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to immediately work in the United States on a full-time permanent basis.
APPLY FOR THE POSITION: Salary is commensurate with experience. All resumes received will be held in confidence. Email Resume and additional information to email@example.com with the subject line: Bridge Engineer — (Franklin, Knoxville, or Chattanooga), TN.
Volkert, Inc is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.