Volkert seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our team in Austin, Texas as the CAD Technician/Designer. We are a national engineering firm, designing the future of transportation, energy, water, and environmental infrastructure – are we the road to your future?
The primary responsibilities:
- Electronically draft engineering drawings, utilizing theoretical and practical design knowledge to aid in plans preparation for bridge and roadway projects;
- Work closely with engineers and other designers to ensure coordinated design systems; and
- Compile data and perform dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings and the determination of engineering quantities.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience related to the development and preparation of bridge and/or roadway plans.
- Associates or technical school degree or equivalent.
- Proficiency in algebraic and geometrical calculations.
- Experience with state transportation agencies or municipalities.
- Proficiency with Microstation (V8i) or related software.
- Experience with Geopak and/or InRoads is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a team environment.
APPLY FOR THE POSITION: Salary is commensurate with experience. All resumes received will be held in confidence. Email Resume and salary requirements to HR@volkert.com with the subject line: CAD Technician/Designer — Austin, TX.
Volkert, Inc is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.