New Orleans, Louisiana
Volkert, a Top 100 design firm (#87, ENR), is engineering the future of infrastructure in Transportation, Energy, Water, and Environment. Volkert is searching for an experienced CAD Technician to join our Gulf Design team located in our New Orleans, LA office. The successful CAD Technician must be dependable with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team to meet deadlines and provide quality work.
What you’ll be doing:
- Utilize a CAD workstation to prepare engineering drawings
- Bridge replacements and bridge rehabilitation projects
- Utilize theoretical and practical design knowledge to aid in the plan preparation
- Work closely with engineers and other designers to ensure coordinated design systems
- Compile data and perform dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings
Requirements for this position:
- Associates or technical school degree or equivalent or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience related to the development and preparation of civil engineering plans
- Experience with PS&E development with highway bridge design
- Experience with LADOTD and local agencies.
- Proficiency with Microstation or related software.
- Experience in Geopak and or InRoads is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a team environment.
Volkert is an employee-owned firm, and our culture is expressed in the way we live out our five-fold mission, which serves as a guide for our actions every day.
- To serve the public in a professional and ethical manner
- To serve our clients with quality, innovation, and honest value
- To serve our employees through sustainable corporate growth, employee ownership, and personal development
- To serve our profession by promoting the highest standards ofpractice
- To serve our neighbors through community service
The words of our chairman, Perry Hand, capture best why we do what we do:
“An engineer is put forth on earth to solve problems. Engineers brought us the quality of life we enjoy today. Together we have laid the groundwork for future generations to continue building upon, so that our future can be as prosperous as our past.”
If you share this passion and want to make a difference, please send your resume to email@example.com with the desired position and location in the subject line.
Volkert, Inc is an affirmative-action / equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.