Volkert, a Top 100 design firm, is engineering the future of infrastructure in Transportation, Energy, Water, and Environment. Volkert is searching for an experienced CEI Inspector with relevant industry certifications to join our Tennessee Construction Services Group in Chattanooga, TN. We are a national engineering firm, designing the future of transportation, energy, water, and environmental infrastructure – are we the road to your future?
What you’ll be doing:
- Writes daily inspection reports, performs verification testing, and documents test results and observations
- Assists in all types of record keeping and field measurements, as needed
- Perform quality assurance testing on construction materials, such as, concrete, aggregate, asphalt and soils.
- Perform inspections of work being completed for verification of compliance with plans, standards and specifications.
- Prepare inspection reports daily to summarize construction activities being performed, and to document tests conducted.
- Use mathematical calculations, including geometry, to complete materials tests, calculate quantities, and determine extents of work performed.
- Interpret construction plans and perform field measurements in order to verify construction underway and/or the as-built construction for dimensions, locations, elevations, etc. for compliance with the project requirements.
- Associates Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a minimum of two years experience in the construction industry.
- Computer literate – Inspectors are required to input reports and information into computerized systems, and to prepare electronic reports of inspections. Experience with Microsoft Office software is necessary.
- Communication skills – Ability to read, write and communicate verbally in order to receive and disseminate information.
- Mathematical proficiency in arithmetic calculations of areas, volumes, and other basic equations.
- Interpretive Skills – Must be able to read and interpret plans and construction documents.
- Critical thinking – Inspectors need to be able to analyze data obtained during the course of inspections, assess situations, and determine appropriate responses during various circumstances.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Work is performed under immediate supervision that may include working outdoors on nights, weekends, overtime, and in all weather conditions.
- Overnight out of town travel may be required on some assignments.
Volkert is an employee owned firm and our culture is expressed in the way we live out our stated mission. Our principles define our corporate approach and serve as a guide for us and our colleagues every day.
To serve the public in a professional and ethical
To serve our clients with quality, innovation, and honest value
To serve our employees through sustainable corporate growth, employee ownership, and personal development
To serve our profession by promoting the highest standards of practice
To serve our neighbors through community service
We are always looking for ways to make the world around us a little better, starting in our own neighborhoods.
Are we the road to your future? If so, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Volkert, Inc is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.