Computer Support Specialist (Part Time)
Volkert, a Top 100 design firm (#87, ENR), is engineering the future of infrastructure in Transportation, Energy, Water, and Environment. Volkert is searching for a talented Part Time Computer Support Specialist in our Franklin, TN office. We are a national engineering firm, designing the future of transportation, energy, water, and environmental infrastructure – are we the road to your future?
The IT Support position is devoted to all aspects of system set-up, computer set-up, installation, troubleshooting, service, upgrades, and maintenance. The position can also include handling how computers connect to each other or the rest of the network; printing, both locally and on the network. Day travel with some overnight required. The position may require some physical activity such as lifting and moving computer equipment into place or crawling in tight spaces.
The IT Support position must be knowledgeable in all aspects of computer support, diligent, and analytical; they also must possess outstanding communication skills. The IT Support position is not only a technical worker but often deals directly with fellow employees, offering advice, training, solutions, and guidance. Hours can range from regular business hours, to some after business hours if needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to work independently
- Acts as initial contact for all internal technical support required for computer workstation hardware and software, telephone, network, operating system, printing, and internet access problems
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution of issues
- Maintain company phone systems, data network, email and computers on a daily basis
- Ensure network, desktop and server security and integrity through regular monitoring and maintenance.
- Create user accounts and configure hardware as part of new hire process
- Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records
- Performs installs, upgrades, moves and changes for computer workstation hardware and software, printers, and other peripheral devices
- Assisting with telecommunication hardware/ software
- Troubleshoot wired and wireless networking issues
- Identify, research and resolve technical problems
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation issues to resolve problems.
- Conducting basic network administrator duties, such as adding/ removing users, setting up e-mail, etc.
- Fix PC, scanner or printer issues
- Fully understand and enforce company policies to protect physical hardware and digital information security
- Other related duties may be assigned
- Must be problem solver, quick learner, dependable, strong verbal & written communication, and provide daily end-user support.
- Microsoft Operating Systems & Office, LAN & WAN equipment, and Ethernet & TCP/IP.
- Familiar with Windows, Microsoft Office, VPN & Firewalls.
- Minimum High School Graduate
- 0-2 years with computer hardware/software experience
- Day travel with some overnight required.
- Comptia N+, A+, or MCP certifications or equivalent preferred, but not required
APPLY FOR THE POSITION: Salary is commensurate with experience. All resumes received will be held in confidence. Email Resume and salary requirements to HR@volkert.com with the subject line: Computer Support Specialist (Part Time).
Volkert, Inc is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.