Construction Inspector – CEI
Collinsville, Illinois | St. Louis, Missouri
Volkert seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our West Central Region Team in Illinois & Missouri (Collinsville & St. Louis Offices) as a Construction Inspector. Duties to include the following: observe work in progress to ensure conformance with specifications; inspect operation and materials on the job site; receive moderate supervision; reports regularly to the Project Manager and/or Construction Manager; responsible for providing daily inspection of construction work; maintain daily logs of inspection work and review discrepancies or changes with Field Engineer; keeps diaries of work performed and staff equipment utilized; and keep daily photo and video logs of the construction activities.
- Support work of the Project Managers throughout the course of the construction project.
- Maintain daily logs and field books (electronic or hardcopy) of construction progress, site visitors, problems and resolutions.
- Record, measure, and verify quantities.
- Document pay quantities for current and final estimates.
- Inspect various phases of Contractor work to verify proper construction.
- Inspect construction materials used by the Contractor to verify they conform to Owner‘s Specification.
- Perform testing of construction materials (concrete, asphalt, soils, etc.) as required by Owner’s Specification.
- Routinely drive a company vehicle to job site location.
- Monitor traffic control.
- Write emails, letters, and reports on construction activities as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 – 7 years of experience as a Construction Inspector
- Knowledge of specifications, standards, and acceptable construction practices
- Ability to read and comprehend construction plans and all other documents associated with the project
- OSHA 10-hr Construction Safety Certification preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Utility (water/sewer) construction experience preferred
- Flexible Schedule
Volkert’s greatest resource is its people. As an employee-owned company, our goal is for all of our associates to enjoy a sense of security and well-being. Our benefits package is comprehensive and competitive, focusing on health, wellness, savings, and retirement. Volkert offers an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) Plan, 401(K), Flexible Spending Plan, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Group Health Insurance, Optional Benefits include Dental, Vision, and Supplemental Life Insurance in addition to paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Leave.
APPLY FOR THE POSITION: Salary is commensurate with experience. All resumes received will be held in confidence. Email Resume and additional information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Construction Inspector (CEI) — (St. Louis, MO or Collinsville, IL).
Volkert, Inc is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.