Orlando, Florida | Tampa, Florida
Volkert is seeking an Entry Level Drainage Engineer in our Tampa or Orlando office.
2 people – 0-10 years
The Entry Level Drainage Engineer position involves working as an associate in the Florida Region Transportation Group on a variety of transportation-related projects in the state of Florida. Such projects will include major interstate corridors, complex system interchanges, tollways, express/managed lanes, and other large/high-profile transportation projects. The associate will perform tasks related to the engineering design of various drainage improvements such as collection systems, conveyance systems, and stormwater management facilities. The work will be performed in a team-focused environment and in direct coordination with the Roadway, Structures, Traffic, and other disciplines associated with the project. In addition, the associate will assist in the preparation of drainage design documentation, reports, hydraulic studies, pond siting reports, and other related engineering deliverables. The associate will also assist in the development of concepts, exhibits, sketches, and construction-level engineering plans.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited university
0 to 2 years prior intern experience in roadway or drainage design
- Licensed Engineering Intern (EI) accredited in the state of Florida, or the ability to gain accreditation within 3 months
- Excellent writing and communication skills required for to effectively perform the work and coordinate with the team
- Willingness to quickly learn CAD and drainage software packages including Microstation, ICPR, SWMM, and HEC-RAS
- Flexibility to conduct drainage-related field reviews
- Experience working in Microstation SS4 V8i, OpenRoads Designer (3D modeling), Geopak Drainage/StormCAD/Civil Storm, and/or AutoCAD Civil3D
- Prior intern/post-graduate experience working on transportation projects for FDOT or other local municipalities
- Experience working on alternative delivery-method projects such as Design-Build
- Knowledge of hydraulic modeling software such as ICPR, ASAD, SWMM, or HEC-RAS
In addition to the position’s skills, education and experience requirements, the following Volkert competencies are considered foundational to understanding performance, now and in the future.
- Change Orientation
- Client Focus
APPLY FOR THE POSITION: Salary is commensurate with experience. All resumes received will be held in confidence. Email Resume and salary requirements to HR@Volkert.com with the subject line: Drainage Engineer — Orlando, FL.
Volkert, Inc is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.