Volkert seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our West Central Region Team in Louisiana (Shreveport Office) as a GIS Analyst. Duties to include the following: plans, organizes, coordinates and participates in the development and implementation of geographic information system (GIS). Project work will involve data conversion/migration, map production, preparing GIS data, analysis support, and creation of geographic maps, GIS database support, and associated work. Directs and participates in the long-term development and enhancement of GIS information technology to meet mapping objectives. Provides expertise, support, assistance and guidance to staff and external contacts and clients.
- Developing, maintaining and updating databases.
- Coordinating database development activities with database administrators in the organizations IT department.
- Identifying, analyzing and solving systems problems.
- Interpreting work request.
- Providing quality control with regards to discipline specific in-house data capture (data conversion), the evaluation of data acquired from outside of the organization and database construction.
- Manipulating GIS data to create information products to meet discipline specific needs.
- Applying GIS analysis solutions to meet other discipline specific needs.
- Coordinating the acquisition of new spatial data and supervising the integration of data into the organization’s GIS.
- Performing spatial analysis and creating information products from GIS.
- Providing support for GIS data conversion, and system integration.
- Providing support for cartographic design and high-quality map production.
- Assisting in training in various aspects of the GIS software and database use.
- Diagnosing and “trouble-shooting” problems experienced with the use of GIS and related software.
- Download, convert and upload GIS data available from internal and external sources to make them useable.
- Perform GIS data quality control, including reviewing data for completeness and accuracy; identifying and correcting errors or omissions in the data.
- Catalog and inventory GIS data, including metadata creation.
- Input, update, and maintain GIS databases, including backups and also maintain linkages to other databases.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certificate in Geographic Information Systems
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience with ArcGIS Suite (Desktop, SDE, ArcGIS.com, Portal)
- Proficient with computer hardware and software including Microsoft Office, email, and internet browser programs
- Ability to assist in the field if needed
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently
- Preferred experience with Enterprise Geodatabases, CAD, Programming (Python preferred)
Volkert’s greatest resource is its people. As an employee-owned company, our goal is for all of our associates to enjoy a sense of security and well-being. Our benefits package is comprehensive and competitive, focusing on health, wellness, savings, and retirement. Volkert offers an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) Plan, 401(K), Flexible Spending Plan, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Group Health Insurance, Optional Benefits include Dental, Vision, and Supplemental Life Insurance in addition to paid Holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO).
APPLY FOR THE POSITION: Salary is commensurate with experience. All resumes received will be held in confidence. Email Resume and additional information to email@example.com with the subject line: GIS Analyst — Shreveport, LA.
Volkert, Inc is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.