Volkert is looking for a Roadway/Bridge Construction Inspector for projects in Middle Tennessee utilizing TDOT policies and procedures. Projects will be based out of our Nashville, Tennessee Office. This position is responsible for onsite inspections of construction projects to verify the Contractor is in compliance with the contract documents, construction specifications, and TDOT guidelines.
- Support work of the Project Managers throughout the course of the construction project.
- Maintain daily logs and field books (electronic or hardcopy) of construction progress, site visitors, problems and resolutions.
- Record, measure, and verify quantities.
- Document pay quantities for current and final estimates.
- Inspect various phases of Contractor work to verify proper construction.
- Inspect construction materials used by the Contractor to verify they conform to Owner ‘s Specification.
- Perform testing of construction materials (concrete, asphalt, soils, etc.) as required by Owner’s Specification.
- Routinely drive a company vehicle to job site location.
- Monitor traffic control.
- Write emails, letters, and reports on construction activities as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience as a Construction Inspector on roadway/bridge projects or similar experience.
- Certifications in OSHA 10 HR Construction Safety, Work Zone Traffic Control, Concrete Field Testing and Asphalt Roadway Paving.
- Knowledge of specifications, standards, acceptable construction practices, materials, methods and equipment used in highway construction.
- Ability to read and comprehend construction plans and all other documents associated with the project.
- Working conditions are normal for roadway and bridge construction environment. Work requires willingness to work flexible schedule to include some night, holiday, and weekend work.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to satisfy requirements of Volkert’s driving policy required
- TDOT experience strongly preferred.
- Tech School or college beneficial preferred.
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), and SiteManager preferred.
- Local candidates are preferred.
APPLY FOR THE POSITION: Salary is commensurate with experience. All resumes received will be held in confidence. Email Resume and additional information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Inspector (CEI) – Nashville, TN.
Volkert, Inc is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.