Junior Land Surveyor
This position assists in conducting land surveys, evaluating survey data and creating CAD exhibits in accordance with Volkert Standards. This position also includes travel to and from county courthouses throughout Illinois to collect required maps and record documents. This opportunity will require approximately 50% office time, 50% field time and reports directly to the Survey Manager.
- Member of a survey party engaged in surveying earth’s surface to determine precise location and measurements of points, elevations, lines, areas, and contours for construction, mapmaking, land division, title, mining or other purposes.
- Capable of researching and interpreting record survey evidence, maps, deeds, physical evidence, and other records. Research to be completed from general aerial maps, which requires investigative skills.
- Experience with Microstation or AutoCAD software.
- Engages in team judgment in fulfilling procedures to ensure the required accuracy of survey data.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Provides the optimum use of electronic and computerized survey techniques to conduct accurate surveys as instructed by Survey Manager and/or Survey Crew Chief.
- Ensures compliance with company safety regulations.
- Travel is necessary component of this job. Must have good driving record.
- 2-5 years of survey field experience. LSIT preferred.
- Or equivalent college coursework to be considered in lieu of field experience.
- Proficient in Mathematics
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Judgment and decision making skills
- Complex problem solving skills
- Technical and computer skills, including surveying related software including Microstation or AutoCAD
- Documenting/Recording information
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong sense of responsibility, self-motivation and willingness to learn and to advance
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Safety oriented
APPLY FOR THE POSITION: Salary is commensurate with experience. All resumes received will be held in confidence. Email Resume and additional information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Junior Land Surveyor – Collinsville, IL.
Volkert, Inc is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.