Marketing Coordinator/Proposal Manager
Austin, Texas | Houston, Texas | Rockwall, Texas
Volkert is looking for a Marketing Proposal Manager in the Texas region in our Austin, TX, Rockwall, TX, or Houston, TX office location. We are a national engineering firm, designing the future of transportation, energy, water, and environmental infrastructure – are we the road to your future?
The successful candidate must be a strong technical writer and an even stronger editor, with the ability to craft content that successfully positions Volkert in a wide range of markets and roles. Marketing professional services is a deadline-driven, detail-oriented environment, with evolving priorities as opportunities arise. This means our Marketing Proposal Manager needs to be focused and organized, yet flexible; creative, but with excellent time and project management skills; and team player with the ability to work independently.
You will be responsible for developing proposals and statements of qualifications in response to requests for proposals or qualifications (RFPs/RFQs), as well as PowerPoint presentations, and other written and/or designed marketing materials for engineering services to meet requirements and deadlines of clients, primarily in public sector.
- Assist the team with winning new business by supporting the proposal development process
- Developing, writing, editing, and proofreading content including proposals, presentations, project descriptions, staff resumes, and marketing collateral
- Help maintain marketing and internal communication systems, including the firm’s intranet and image data base
- Updating information in the project description/resume/proposal/qualifications for the firm’s database
- Research markets, teaming partners and competitors to assist with growth and differentiation strategies
- Applying creativity/strategic insight while leading brainstorming, storyboarding, and other strategy development sessions.
- Ensuring that marketing and visual presentation information and files are maintained and up-to-date
- Preparing teams for presentations or interviews
Education, Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preference in communications, English, marketing, or journalism
- A minimum of two years of proposal writing experience
- Experience with TxDOT professional services contract pursuits is a plus
- Aptitude for managing multiple, concurrent proposals from pre-advertisement through submission, working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly with a high-level of accuracy, using proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Professional interpersonal skills with the ability to work with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; graphics skills and programs a plus
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite is strongly desired
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivated.
Volkert offers the ability to build your future in a growing industry, firm and department. We also offer competitive benefits and a salary commensurate with your experience.
Email your resume with writing samples and a cover letter telling us why this job interests you: firstname.lastname@example.org Resumes received will be held in confidence.