Volkert, a Top 100 design firm (#87, ENR), is looking for Marketing (Proposal) Coordinator in the Northern Virginia region in our Springfield, VA office location. We are a national engineering firm, designing the future in transportation, energy, water, and environmental infrastructure – are we the road to your future?
The successful candidate must be a strong technical writer and an even stronger editor, with the ability to craft content that successfully positions Volkert in a wide range of markets and roles. Marketing professional services is a deadline-driven, detail-oriented environment, with evolving priorities as opportunities arise. This means our Marketing Coordinator needs to be focused and organized, yet flexible; creative, but with excellent time and project management skills; and team player with the ability to work independently.
- Assist the team with winning new business by supporting the proposal development process
- Develop written content including marketing collateral, project descriptions, and staff resumes
- Help maintain marketing and internal communication systems, including the firm’s intranet and image data base
- Research markets, teaming partners and competitors to assist with growth and differentiation strategies
Education, Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly with a high-level of accuracy, using proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Aptitude for managing multiple, concurrent proposals from pre-advertisement through submission, working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Professional interpersonal skills with the ability to work with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; graphics skills and programs a plus
Volkert offers the ability to build your future in a growing industry, firm and department. We also offer competitive benefits and a salary commensurate with your experience.
Email your resume with writing samples and a cover letter telling us why this job interests you: email@example.com. Resumes received will be held in confidence.
Volkert, Inc. is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.