Professional Land Surveyor
This position provides oversight in conducting land surveys, evaluating survey data and creating CAD exhibits in accordance with Volkert Standards. This position includes the generation of parcel exhibits, plats and boundary surveys for various clients throughout the Illinois and Missouri area. Responsible for the success of individual projects and the survey crew assigned to the project for the precision, budget and schedule for each project. Daily work will include boundary calculations, construction staking, reviewing maps, deed and easement documents, and topographic survey coordination.
- Member of a survey team working within a group to meet schedules, client requests (internally and externally) and production expectations.
- Knowledgeable in the operation of survey instruments, VRS based GPS equipment, robotic total station, digital level and data collectors, to oversee the determination of the precise location and measurements of points, elevations, lines, areas, and contours for construction, mapmaking, land division, title, mining or other purposes.
- Capable of directing or completing research and interpreting record survey evidence, maps, deeds, physical evidence, and other records.
- Proficient with Microstation or AutoCAD software to be able to generate deliverables.
- Competently perform boundary calculations according to professional standards.
- Ensures compliance with company safety regulations.
- Communicate regularly with team members and operational manager to keep project on schedule and meet client expectation.
- Mentor and train technical staff, including survey field crews and technicians.
- Implement Volkert project standards and procedures.
- 5 years minimum survey experience
- Illinois Professional Surveying License required
- Missouri Professional Surveying License a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Judgment and decision making skills
- Complex problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Safety oriented
APPLY FOR THE POSITION: Salary is commensurate with experience. All resumes received will be held in confidence. Email Resume and additional information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Professional Land Surveyor — Collinsville, IL.
Volkert, Inc is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.