Project Structural Engineer
Volkert is seeking a project structural engineer to work on analysis, design and plan production for bridge and transportation projects. The hired candidate will support the engineering team’s development of construction bid documents. Knowledge of FDOT Design Manual, AASHTO and other pertinent bridge design specifications is a plus.
- Perform calculations and analysis for designing bridge and transportation structures
- Skilled in the use of Microstation
- Review calculations and design details developed by others for conformance to code specified loadings and strength
- Review shop drawing submittals
- Organize and maintain project files
- Quantity take-off for bridge project engineer’s estimate
- Perform structural analysis using various bridge design software programs
- Other assignments as needed
Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (Master’s preferred) with a Florida PE., or the ability to achieve one within a year and 4 year’s design experience. Drafting skills highly desired, specifically using Microstation. Applicant should have technical expertise for the design and construction of bridges.
Email Resume and additional information to HR@Volkert.com with the subject line: Project Structural Engineer — Tampa, FL.