QA Construction Monitor
Volkert, a Top 100 design firm (#87, ENR), is engineering the future of infrastructure in Transportation, Energy, Water, and Environment. Volkert is searching for an CEI Construction Administration Quality Assurance Monitor experienced in working with the Maryland State Highway Administration in the Central Maryland Region.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work under the direction of by the ADE-Construction to assist field personnel in delivering quality contract documentation for SHA and consultant employees.
- Review the administration and documentation aspects performed by employees, report findings and make recommendations for improvements to the ADE-Construction.
- Expected to exercise initiative and independent judgment in the solution of work problems
- Reporting and documentation of construction work on a daily basis as well as client management responsibilities
Requirements for this position:
- H.S. Diploma or GED with a minimum of fifteen (15) years of related highway and bridge construction experience, two (2) years of which involved construction of major road or bridge structures
- The position requires a high degree of heavy highway, bridge construction and inspection documentation experience and should be at a Classification of TET V or TE III in the SHA System or equivalent level of experience.
- A Civil Engineering degree plus ten (10) years of construction engineering experience in construction of major road and bridge structures
- Must be computer literate with MS Word and Excel
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with Volkert’s driving policy
- Recent relevant and construction experience continuous for at least ten years.
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Maryland
- Experience with MDOT SHA Policies and Procedures
To be a successful Volkert Construction Monitor, you must possess the following characteristics:
- A Brand Ambassador for the company who engages and provides Diversity & Inclusion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivating to meet individual goals and maintain accountability in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
Volkert is an employee-owned firm, and our culture is expressed in the way we live out our five-fold mission, which serves as a guide for our actions every day.
- To serve the public in a professional and ethical manner
- To serve our clients with quality, innovation, and honest value
- To serve our employees through sustainable corporate growth, employee ownership, and personal development
- To serve our profession by promoting the highest standards ofpractice
- To serve our neighbors through community service
The words of our chairman, Perry Hand, capture best why we do what we do:
“An engineer is put forth on earth to solve problems. Engineers brought us the quality of life we enjoy today. Together we have laid the groundwork for future generations to continue building upon, so that our future can be as prosperous as our past.”
If you share this passion and want to make a difference, please send your resume to email@example.com with the desired position and location in the subject line.
Volkert, Inc is an affirmative-action / equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.