Volkert, a Top 100 design firm (#87, ENR), is engineering the future of infrastructure in Transportation, Energy, Water, and Environment. Volkert is searching for a Receptionist who will support our Springfield, VA office. We are a national engineering firm, designing the future of transportation, energy, water, and environmental infrastructure – are we the road to your future?
What you’ll be doing:
- Greets, identifies, and directs visitors.
- Manages the daily responsibilities of Volkert’s lobby area
- Supports all office staff
- Answer phones
- Manages mailing/delivery process
- Maintains conference rooms and meeting room schedules
- Ordering and maintaining office supplies
- Coordinate and participate in office activities
- S. Diploma or GED
- A minimum of two (2) years relevant receptionist and general office experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills and telephone etiquette, including a friendly and pleasant phone voice
- Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, and Outlook
- Ability to create and utilize spreadsheets
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor
- Ability to generate trust and retain confidentiality
- Must be dependable, reliable, and punctual
To be a successful Volkert Receptionist, you must possess the following characteristics:
- A Brand Ambassador for the company and Mid-Atlantic region
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- Be Engaging and approachable towards internal and external customers
- Initiative to learn and understand office needs
Volkert is an employee-owned firm, and our culture is expressed in the way we live out our five-fold mission, which serves as a guide for our actions every day.
- To serve the public in a professional and ethical manner
- To serve our clients with quality, innovation, and honest value
- To serve our employees through sustainable corporate growth, employee ownership, and personal development
- To serve our profession by promoting the highest standards ofpractice
- To serve our neighbors through community service
The words of our chairman, Perry Hand, capture best why we do what we do:
“An engineer is put forth on earth to solve problems. Engineers brought us the quality of life we enjoy today. Together we have laid the groundwork for future generations to continue building upon, so that our future can be as prosperous as our past.”
If you share this passion and want to make a difference, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the desired position and location in the subject line.
Volkert, Inc is an affirmative-action / equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.