Regional Manager of Program & Construction Management – Mid Atlantic/Carolinas
Northern Virginia | Raleigh, North Carolina
Volkert, a Top 100 design firm (#87, ENR), is engineering the future of infrastructure in Transportation, Energy, Water, and Environment. Volkert is searching for a talented Regional Manager of Program/Construction Management in our Mid-Atlantic/Carolinas Region. The preferred locations are Springfield, VA or Raleigh. We are a national engineering firm, designing the future of transportation, energy, water, and environmental infrastructure – are we the road to your future?
The Program/Construction Management Group serves as a professional consultant to a variety of public and private sector clients in the successful management of individual projects and large scale building programs. The Group assists clients with determination of facility needs, development of capital budgets and management of all other professional and construction service providers in the delivery of capital projects meeting the client’s programmatic, schedule and budgetary goals
Purpose of Position
Provides leadership and oversight for business, technical and administrative management of all program and construction management activity in the region. Plans and defines program goals and devises methods to accomplish them; develops in-depth knowledge of client objectives, contract terms, and corporate policies. Should be familiar with the integration of engineering, procurement, and construction activities.
- Familiar with the integration of engineering, procurement, and construction activities.
- Acts as the Company representative with the client and internal subconsultants as well as third party consultants and contractors during the program execution.
- Ability to make public presentations and have experience working with public bodies such as school boards, city council’s etc.
- Establishes project schedule and budget, and monitors progress in meeting schedule and budget requirements for individual projects.
- Develops project documents, processes, and procedures required to support quality control and final project deliverables.
- Guides Program Manager(s) to determine number of hours required for successful completion of project tasks.
- Anticipates project staffing needs, identifies and interviews available personnel, and recommends staffing assignments in accordance with schedule requirements.
- Maintains daily contact with field personnel during all field activities.
- Submits monthly reports to client, and responds to client issues and expectations to the scope of work with the client and subcontractors.
- Reviews bid requirements and assists with bidder solicitation activities.
- Documents and executes changes in scope of project.
- Anticipates problems and works with client, architects/engineers, contractors, field personnel to identify and implement corrective actions.
- Keeps client informed of the day-to-day activities of the project.
- Maintains accurate documentation of job progress through daily logs and other reports.
- Mobilizes company resources, through liaison with support departments or other offices, to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work.
- Contract Scoping, Estimating, and Negotiating: Assists client with identification of capital needs and associated costs and resources in successful delivery of those needs. In collaboration with the client develops a definitive program of work that ensures scope and budget are aligned with the work to be performed. Develops the project budget including all anticipated program costs. Establishes a project master schedule consistent with client needs and expectations. Participates in the scope and fee negotiating process for VOLKERT services as well as for other service providers.
- Project Execution: Prepares a Project Execution Plan (PEP) that identifies the project team organization, identifies each specific task or phase and all work that must be performed to complete the project, outlines a schedule to ensure that the project can be completed on time, and develops an estimate and schedule of the manpower requirements needed to complete the project.
- Project Monitoring and Review: Is responsive and maintains direct contact with clients on a continuing basis to discuss technical and scheduling issues. Conducts project staff meetings to review progress and further communication and coordination within the team.
- Marketing and Business Development: Responsible for business development strategies and plans for the region and works directly with Senior Vice President for PM/CM and PM/CM VP and Director of Marketing in business development efforts. Maintains professional relationships with all clients. Participates in establishing annual marketing goals for the region and works to achieve those goals through systematic and organized marketing efforts and processes.
- 15+ years of professional experience
- 4-year degree from an accredited college or university in Construction Management/Architecture/Engineering or related field.
- A broad general project/construction management background and project/program management experience on similar project types is required.
- Professional Engineer registration or Project Manager Certification is required at this level.
- Public speaking and presentation abilities are required at this level.
- Graduate level business management education is desirable.
- Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and be able to select and apply appropriate project management software for use on project.
- Must be able to meet customer security requirements. A background check by federal authorities may be performed
Skills & Competencies
- Proven ability to perform in a management capacity
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are required.
- Proven ability to develop markets and establish a client base.
APPLY FOR THE POSITION: Salary is commensurate with experience. All resumes received will be held in confidence. Email Resume and salary requirements to HR@volkert.com with the subject line: Regional Manager of Program & Construction Management – Mid Atlantic/Carolinas.
Volkert, Inc is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.