Roadway Design Engineer
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Volkert, a Top 100 design firm (#87, ENR), is engineering the future of infrastructure in Transportation, Energy, Water, and Environment.
If you are an energetic and highly motivated self-starter, then come join the Volkert team in our Virginia Beach, VA office as a Roadway Design Engineer. Under direction of senior manager, the candidate will be responsible for geometric design projects including municipalities and VDOT.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares and modifies reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental studies, and designs for projects.
- Evaluates need for design changes and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Consults with construction personnel concerning design constructability as related to field conditions, sequencing and scheduling of construction activities.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Adheres to company standards for quality assurance and quality control as defined in the quality manual.
- Submits documents to federal, state, and local agencies for code compliance review and obtains permits required.
- S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program
- 3+ years relevant experience.
- Licensed PE preferred
- Proficient with Microstation and GeoPAK.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Our benefits package focusing on health and wellness, savings and retirement, is comprehensive and competitive, including an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401K, medical and dental insurance, a flexible health spending plan, holidays, and three weeks of PTO.
Does this opportunity sound right for you? If so, please email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Roadway Design Engineer”
Volkert, Inc. is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.