Chattanooga, Tennessee | Franklin, Tennessee | Knoxville, Tennessee
Volkert seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our team in our Franklin, Knoxville, or Chattanooga offices as a Roadway Engineer. Under direction of senior manager, the candidate will be responsible for geometric design projects including, but not limited to TDOT and local government.
- Prepares and modifies reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental studies, and designs for projects.
- Evaluates need for design changes and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Consults with construction personnel concerning design constructability as related to field conditions, sequencing and scheduling of construction activities.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Adheres to company standards for quality assurance and quality control as defined in the quality manual.
- Submits documents to federal, state, and local agencies for code compliance review and obtains permits required.
- S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program
- 4+ years relevant experience.
- Licensed PE
- Proficient with Microstation and GeoPAK.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
APPLY FOR THE POSITION: Salary is commensurate with experience. All resumes received will be held in confidence. Email Resume and additional information to email@example.com with the subject line: Roadway Engineer – (Nashville, Knoxville, or Franklin), TN.
Volkert, Inc is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.