Volkert, Inc., a leading infrastructure engineering firm, is seeking an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our team in Rockwall, Texas as the Senior Roadway Engineer. The candidate will be responsible for coordination and oversight of a wide variety of transportation related design projects including, but not limited to TxDOT and local government.
The ideal candidate will assume the following responsibilities:
- Prepares and modifies reports, specifications, plans, schedules, environmental studies, and designs for projects.
- Uses design software to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Assigns responsibilities and sees the execution of tasks are begun and completed according to schedule.
- Submits documents to federal, state, and local agencies for review and obtains permits required.
- Consults with construction personnel concerning design constructability as related to field conditions, sequencing and scheduling of construction activities.
- Attends onsite and offsite client meetings.
- Serves as technical liaison with clients on project efforts and coordinates technical efforts within discipline areas.
- Evaluates need for design changes and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Participates in project scoping and fee estimating and proposal preparation, interviews, and negotiations.
- Participates in project pursuits and provides technical support for project roles
- Reviews assigned project(s) after award to define project scope, determine work procedures/sequences and develops schedules, budgets, staffing, sub consultant involvement, and progress billings.
The ideal candidate will meet the following required qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology and 6-15 years of roadway design experience.
- Professional Engineer, P.E. in Texas
- Demonstrated knowledge of TxDOT Project Development Process including PS&E preparation.
- Advanced knowledge of the practical application of engineering principles, practices and techniques, including AASHTO guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience in producing plans in Microstation V8i and Openroads, InRoads and/or GeoPAK
- Skill in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and time management skills.
Our benefits package focusing on health and wellness, savings and retirement, is comprehensive and competitive, including an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401K, medical and dental insurance, a flexible health spending plan, holidays, and three weeks of PTO.
Volkert, Inc. is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Does this opportunity sound right for you? If so, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior Engineer – TX.”