Senior Roadway Engineer
Volkert seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our team in Atlanta, Georgia as the Senior Roadway Engineer. Under direction of senior manager, the candidate will be responsible for coordination and oversight of a wide variety of transportation related design projects including, but not limited to GDOT and local government.
- Prepares and modifies reports, specifications, plans, schedules, environmental studies, and designs for projects.
- Uses design software to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Assigns responsibilities and sees the execution of tasks are begun and completed according to schedule.
Submits documents to federal, state, and local agencies for review and obtains permits required.
- Consults with construction personnel concerning design constructability as related to field conditions, sequencing and scheduling of construction activities.
- Attends onsite and offsite client meetings.
- Serves as technical liaison with clients on project efforts and coordinates technical efforts within discipline areas.
- Evaluates need for design changes and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Participates in project scoping and fee estimating and proposal preparation, interviews, and negotiations.
- Reviews assigned project(s) after award to define project scope, determine work procedures/sequences and develops schedules, budgets, staffing, sub consultant involvement, and progress billings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology and 6-10 years of roadway design experience.
- Professional Engineer, P.E. in Georgia.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GDOT Plan Development Process.
- Advanced knowledge of the practical application of engineering principles, practices and techniques, including AASHTO guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience in producing plans in Microstation V8i and Inroads.
- Skill in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Ability to demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills.
Salary is commensurate with experience. All resumes received will be held in confidence. Email Resume and additional information to email@example.com with the subject line: Senior Roadway Engineer – Atlanta, GA.
Volkert, Inc is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.