Senior Roadway Engineer
Volkert seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our team in Tennessee (Nashville or Chattanooga) as the Senior Roadway Engineer. Under the direction of the senior manager, the candidate will be responsible for coordination and oversight of geometric design projects including, but not limited to TDOT and local government.
- Prepares and modifies reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental studies, and designs for projects.
- Evaluates need for design changes and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Serves as technical liaison with clients on project efforts and coordinates technical efforts within discipline areas.
- Consults with construction personnel concerning design constructability as related to field conditions, sequencing and scheduling of construction activities.
- Attends onsite and offsite client meetings. Must be a good communicator.
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Adheres to company standards for quality assurance and quality control as defined in the quality manual.
- Participates in project scoping and fee estimating and proposal preparation, interviews, and negotiations.
- Reviews assigned project(s) after award to define project scope, determine work procedures/sequences and develops schedules, budgets, staffing, sub-consultant involvement, and progress billings.
- Assigns responsibilities and sees the execution of tasks are begun and completed according to schedule.
- Submits documents to federal, state, and local agencies for code compliance review and obtains permits required.
- BS degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 7-10 years relevant experience with 5 years of experience at the Project Manager level with TDOT projects.
- Must have proven skills in meeting TDOT expectations, schedules and budgets.
- TN PE required.
- Experienced in TDOT design methods, plan preparation, standards, and specifications.
- Demonstrated capabilities and success in managing medium to large projects, multi-office projects, and/or multiple projects.
- Proven leadership, communication, mentoring and client liaison skills
- Proficient with Microstation and GeoPAK.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Salary is commensurate with experience. All resumes received will be held in confidence. Email Resume and additional information to email@example.com with the subject line: Senior Roadway Engineer – (Nashville or Chattanooga), TN.
Volkert, Inc is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.