Senior Structural Engineer
Volkert is seeking a senior structural engineer with bridge design experience to produce structural design and production plans for bridge projects in accordance with FDOT Standards. The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of FDOT Standards, and be responsible for design, analysis, and production plan development of a variety of structure types.
- Prepare production plans, specifications and cost estimates in accordance with applicable FDOT Structures Design Guidelines, Structures Detailing Manual and FDOT Design Manual.
- Ability to Lead design teams
- Ability to work on fast paced design build projects and pursuits.
- Prepare material quantities for structures.
- Proficiency with Microstation (Geopak a plus).
- Provide close coordination with other Engineers, independent quality control and quality assurance reviews.
- Perform independent analysis.
- Perform load ratings.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing with team.
- Review of shop drawings and other contractor-initiated documents.
- Review of scour evaluation reports.
- Perform project field reviews.
- Resolve structures-related construction issues.
- Other assignments as needed.
Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (Master’s preferred) with a Florida PE., with a minimum of 15 years of bridge design experience. FDOT experience and strong structural analysis and design skills of various types of bridge structures. Proficiency in concrete and steel girder design. Ability to speak and write Spanish, in addition to English, is also a plus.
Email Resume and additional information to HR@Volkert.com with the subject line: Senior Structural Engineer — Tampa, FL.