Volkert, a Top 100 design firm (ENR #87), is engineering the future of infrastructure in Transportation, Energy, Water, and the Environment. We are searching for a motivated Staff Accountant to join our Accounting Department, located in downtown Mobile, AL.
What you’ll be doing:
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Review and analyze Monthly financial statements
- Assist with general accounting month-end closing procedures
- Assist with compliance testing
- Provide clerical support for tax reporting
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties as assigned
What you need to have:
- Bachelor of Accounting or Finance degree required from an accredited institution.
- 0-4 years of relevant accounting experience.
- Strong technical and organizational skills in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills, in a professional environment.
- A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Position will require a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Some accounting information systems experience preferred.
Volkert is an employee-owned firm, and our culture is expressed in the way we live out our five-fold mission, which serves as a guide for our actions every day.
- To serve the public in a professional and ethical manner
- To serve our clients with quality, innovation, and honest value
- To serve our employees through sustainable corporate growth, employee ownership, and personal development
- To serve our profession by promoting the highest standards ofpractice
- To serve our neighbors through community service
The words of our chairman, Perry Hand, capture best why we do what we do:
“An engineer is put forth on earth to solve problems. Engineers brought us the quality of life we enjoy today. Together we have laid the groundwork for future generations to continue building upon, so that our future can be as prosperous as our past.”
If you share this passion and want to make a difference, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the desired position and location in the subject line.
Volkert, Inc is an affirmative-action / equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.