Structural Engineer (Bridge Inspection)
Depending on assignment, duties may include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Perform the routine aspects of assignments requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles. Projects may include field inspection and analysis of highway bridges, retaining walls, box culverts and sign structures. Duties may include performing field inspections, preparation of inspection reports, design of conceptual repair plans, review of inspection reports, and analyses of structures for weight restrictions.
- Guide the designers/drafters to prepare structural drawings. Coordinate with other disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, and process engineering and perform checks of documents and drawings of other disciplines.
- Must be dependable with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team to meet deadlines and provide a high quality of work. Travel will be required periodically.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited engineering program.
- At least 5 years of engineering experience in bridge design, analysis, or inspection.
- Licensed PE.
- Familiarity with Micro Station and AutoCAD or other bridge analysis software.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
APPLY FOR THE POSITION: Salary is commensurate with experience. All resumes received will be held in confidence. E-mail resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Structural Engineer (Bridge Inspection) — Daphne, AL.
Volkert, Inc is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.