Structural Engineer (Bridge Inspection)
Volkert, Inc. is seeking candidates for a Structural Engineer (Bridge Inspection) in our Mobile, AL office. Must be dependable with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team to meet deadlines and provide a high quality of work. Travel will be required periodically. Projects may include field inspection and analysis of highway bridges, retaining walls, box culverts and sign structures.
- Perform the routine aspects of assignments requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles.
- Perform field inspections, preparation of inspection reports, design of conceptual repair plans, review of inspection reports, and analyses of structures for weight restrictions.
- Guide the designers/drafters to prepare structural drawings.
- Coordinate with other disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, and process engineering and perform checks of documents and drawings of other disciplines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited engineering program
- At least 5 years of engineering experience in bridge design, analysis, or inspection
- Licensed PE
- Familiarity with Micro Station and AutoCAD or other bridge analysis software
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
APPLY FOR THE POSITION: Salary is commensurate with experience. All resumes received will be held in confidence. E-mail resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line: Structural Engineer (Bridge Inspection) — Mobile, AL.
Volkert, Inc is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.