Survey Crew Chief
This position is responsible for leading, instructing and supervising technical personnel in obtaining precise data for the purpose of completing various types of land surveys. The survey crew chief leads the survey party in field operations using survey equipment and reports to the Professional Land Surveyor.
- Leads a survey party engaged in surveying earth’s surface to determine precise location and measurements of points, elevations, lines, areas, and contours for construction, mapmaking, land division, title, mining or other purposes.
- Trains, monitors and evaluates Survey Crew Technicians to improve efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of work performed.
- Capable of researching and interpreting record survey evidence, maps, deeds, physical evidence, and other records.
- Exercises considerable independent judgment in devising procedures to ensure the required accuracy of survey data.
- Provides the optimum use of electronic and computerized survey techniques to conduct accurate surveys.
- Ensures compliance with company safety regulations
- 2-5 years of survey field crew chief experience. LSIT preferred. RFID experience desired.
- Proficient in Mathematics
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Judgment and decision making skills
- Complex problem solving skills
- Technical and computer skills, including surveying related software
- Documenting/Recording information
- Strong organizational skills
- Leadership skills
- Strong sense of responsibility, self-motivation and willingness to learn and to advance
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Safety oriented
APPLY FOR THE POSITION: Salary is commensurate with experience. All resumes received will be held in confidence. Email Resume and additional information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Survey Crew Chief – Collinsville, IL.
Volkert, Inc is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.