Raleigh, North Carolina
Volkert, a Top 100 design firm (#87, ENR), is looking for a Traffic Engineer to support the Carolinas region. The position will be located in our Raleigh, NC office. We are a national engineering firm, designing the future in transportation, energy, water, and environmental infrastructure – are we the road to your future?
The successful candidate will gain experience and receive mentorship under the supervision of our Sr. Traffic Engineer and will work in all facets of transportation engineering. This position offers an excellent career opportunity with tremendous growth potential.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform and manage traffic data collection studies
- Utilize various traffic data collection technologies to determine vehicle volume/speed/class
- Prepare intersection and corridor improvement studies
- Develop and review traffic control plans and work zone plans
- Prepare and review traffic signal design plans, signing plans, and pavement marking plans
- Prepare and review engineering reports, schematics, plans, specifications and estimates
- Conduct traffic analyses for operational and corridor studies
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering
- 2-6 years of traffic engineering design experience in local agencies and state DOT projects
- PE is preferred, but not required.
- Experience using MicroStation and AutoCAD
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written
Salary is commensurate with experience. All resumes received will be held in confidence. Email resume and additional information to email@example.com with the subject line: Traffic Engineer.
Volkert, Inc is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.