Virginia Beach, Virginia
Volkert, a Top 100 design firm, is engineering the future of infrastructure in Transportation, Energy, Water, and Environment. Volkert is searching for a motivated Transportation Engineer to join our Mid-Atlantic team! This position will be located in our Virginia Beach, VA office. We are a national engineering firm, designing the future of transportation, energy, water, and environmental infrastructure – are we the road to your future?
What you’ll be doing:
- Performing civil engineering tasks supporting various project mangers such as horizontal and vertical alignments, streetscape and roadway improvements, multimodal design, and signage
- Preparing roadway and storm drainage construction plans for a variety of infrastructure improvement projects.
- Consults with construction personnel concerning design constructability as related to field conditions, sequencing and scheduling of construction activities.
- Prepares and modifies reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental studies, and designs for projects.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Adheres to company standards for quality assurance and quality control as defined in the quality manual.
- Submits documents to federal, state, and local agencies for code compliance review and obtains permits required.
- Have a BS or MS from an ABET accredited university in the field of Civil Engineering
- 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Exposure to autocadd or microstation is preferred
- EIT certification is preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines
- Detail-oriented with an ability to contribute to a positive work environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team
Volkert is an employee owned firm and our culture is expressed in the way we live out our stated mission. Our principles define our corporate approach and serve as a guide for us and our colleagues every day.
To serve the public in a professional and ethical
To serve our clients with quality, innovation, and honest value
To serve our employees through sustainable corporate growth, employee ownership, and personal development
To serve our profession by promoting the highest standards of practice
To serve our neighbors through community service
We are always looking for ways to make the world around us a little better, starting in our own neighborhoods.
Are we the road to your future? If so, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Volkert, Inc is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.