Atlanta, Georgia | Birmingham, Alabama | Panama City Beach, Florida | Pensacola, Florida
Volkert, a Top 100 design firm (#87, ENR), is engineering the future of infrastructure in Transportation, Energy, Water, and Environment. Volkert is currently searching for talented Water/Wastewater Engineers (in the Florida Panhandle – Pensacola and Panama City Areas, Atlanta, Georgia and/or Birmingham, Alabama) to support development and delivery of water and wastewater related projects in multiple southeastern states. As a design engineer in Volkert’s Water group, this individual will be responsible for execution of the planning, design, construction and startup phases for projects related to water treatment, transmission and distribution; and wastewater collection, conveyance and treatment.
Other expectations of this role will be to:
- Communicate with leaders and marketing resources to assist with development of projects
- Provide client service with quality, innovation, and honest value.
This leader will develop a successful practice leveraging the support and capabilities of Volkert’s resources and strategic partners with autonomy to build a unique practice aligning with a his/her specific skillset and/or relationships.
The successful candidate for this role will possess the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or environmental engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in state where the position is available or capable of obtaining licensure within one (1) year from date of employment.
- Four (4) or more years of similar technical experience
- Experience with participating in proposal development and client presentations
- Candidates must be an active member in AWWA or WEF
Active involvement at the state committee level of AWWA or WEF and interest in pursuing leadership opportunities
- Experience and interest in publishing technical papers
- Experience with hydraulic modeling software or process modeling software
Our benefits package focusing on health and wellness, savings and retirement, is comprehensive and competitive, including an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401K, medical and dental insurance, a flexible health spending plan, holidays, and three weeks of PTO.
Volkert, Inc. is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Does this opportunity sound right for you? If so, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Water/Wastewater Engineer.”