Atlanta, Georgia | Birmingham, Alabama | Panama City Beach, Florida | Pensacola, Florida
Volkert, a Top 100 design firm (#87, ENR), is engineering the future of infrastructure in Transportation, Energy, Water, and Environment. Volkert is currently searching for talented Water/Wastewater Leaders (in the Florida Panhandle – Pensacola and Panama City Areas, Atlanta, Georgia, and/or Birmingham, Alabama) to serve as practice builders and managers for water and wastewater related projects in multiple southeastern states. As a Leader in Volkert’s Water group, this individual will be responsible for development and management of a project portfolio and execution of the planning, design, construction and startup phases for projects related to water treatment, transmission and distribution; and wastewater collection, conveyance and treatment.
Other expectations of this position will be to:
- Develop and implement a marketing plan and communicate with marketing resources to secure contracts and maintain sufficient operations for the project team.
- Recruit, develop, mentor, and oversee a talented and motivated team of engineers.
- Provide client service with quality, innovation, and honest value.
This leader will develop a successful practice leveraging the support and capabilities of Volkert’s resources and strategic partners with autonomy to build a unique practice aligning with a his/her specific skillset and/or relationships.
The ideal candidate will meet the following required qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or environmental engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in state where the position is available or capable of obtaining licensure within six (6) months from date of employment.
- Eight (8) or more years of similar technical experience with no less than two (2) years’ experience in project/team leadership
- Experience with leading marketing initiatives, proposal development, and client presentations
- Candidates must be an active member in AWWA or WEF
- Master’s degree in civil or environmental engineering; technology focus
- Active involvement at the state and/or national committee level of AWWA or WEF
- Experience and interest in publishing technical papers
- Experience and interest in pursuing leadership opportunities within professional associations
Our benefits package focusing on health and wellness, savings and retirement, is comprehensive and competitive, including an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401K, medical and dental insurance, a flexible health spending plan, holidays, and three weeks of PTO.
Volkert, Inc. is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Does this opportunity sound right for you? If so, please email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Water/Wastewater Leader.”