Corporate Social Responsibility
Serving our communities
Part of our corporate mission is to give back to those who are in need in our communities. We focus on providing basic human necessities - clothing, food, and shelter. Volkert provides financial support, and our employees donate items and serve as volunteers.
By collecting and donating clothes to the Salvation Army and local shelters, we help keep our neighbors warm and comfortable.
- Participating annually in the Angel Tree Program
- Collecting socks for local homeless shelters, a frequently requested item
- Providing assorted clothing for local non-profits
By donating food and volunteering at local food banks, we help keep our neighbors fed and healthy.
- Sorting and packaging reclaimed produce, frozen meals, and shelf-stable items
- Corporately funding a community-wide pantry at a middle school near our Franklin, TN office
- Supporting backpack programs for school children who don’t have reliable food sources at home during weekends
By giving our time to Habitat for Humanity and local shelters, we help keep our neighbors safe and secure.
- Helping build Habitat for Humanity homes
- Assisting in welcoming, registering, and placing homeless shelter participants
- Corporately supporting Habitat for Humanity and Room in the Inn
In addition to these three main areas of support, Volkert offices impact their communities in other ways, including: Raising funds for local and national health care providers, promoting STEM education and programs, collecting gifts for seasonal celebrations, sending care packages to overseas troops, donating to blood drives, and more.